Luckily, well-made golf brushes won’t scratch the heads of your clubs, and there’s no evidence to support the notion that brass bristles will leave a mark.
Do metal brushes damage golf clubs?
A wire brush — particularly the kind you buy in a golf supply shop — is safe and won’t scratch up the faces of your clubs.
Should you clean golf clubs with brush?
Anytime you play on a rainy day or a muddy golf course it makes sense to clean them. The good news is that the best way to clean golf clubs doesn’t require you to buy any specialized tools. Soap, water, towels, and a brush is all you need.
Do I need a club brush?
Instead, a soft-bristled brush is recommended, since it gets rid of all the cuffs and dings effectively without scratching or wearing down the club in any way.
Will a brass brush scratch iron?
Golf brushes use brass or nylon bristles, or a combination of the two, for club-cleaning purposes. Because the bristles are softer than clubheads, which are made out of steel or titanium, the brushes won’t scratch them.
How do you clean Ping irons?
How to Clean Ping Irons
- Fill a bucket with warm water and add a few drops of dish soap. …
- Stand a club in the bucket, clubhead first, and dip a rag in the soapy water. …
- Allow the head of the club to soak for several minutes in the water, and then use a brush to vigorously scrub the face.
Can you use Dawn to clean golf clubs?
Mix warm water and 2 teaspoons of dishwashing liquid or soap into a bowl or a bucket (depending on how many clubs you need to clean). Dip your soft-bristle brush or toothbrush into the mixture and carefully scrub your club head, making sure that it doesn’t get too wet.
Can you use Windex on golf clubs?
If you want to give your clubs a thorough cleaning after the warm water and soap, take a household cleaner like Windex and spray it on your grips. This will break up the dirt and oil below the surface and return the grips to almost-new condition.
Can you use wd40 to clean golf clubs?
You can use WD-40 on golf clubs. It can be an effective way to remove rust and dirt from the head and shaft. It can also be used to remove the grip, acting as a solvent when you are applying a new one. Learning how to keep your golf clubs clean is vital.
How do you keep your irons looking new?
8 Simple Ways to Care for Your Golf Clubs
- Store your golf clubs properly. …
- Never put your golf clubs away when wet. …
- Use a golf towel. …
- Use head covers on your woods. …
- Clean the club heads between plays. …
- Don’t forget to clean the grips. …
- Regularly inspect the grips for wear and tear.
Should you polish golf clubs?
Polishing your golf clubs should be a standard part of your golf club maintenance routine. Polishing golf clubs not only improves the cosmetic appearance of golf clubs, but it also protects the clubs against environmental factors such as dirt and water.
How do you make your golf clubs look new?
How to Make Golf Clubs Shine
- Wipe your clubs off with a towel while on the course. Do this after every swing where you take up any dirt or grass to remove any loose debris.
- Scrub with a club cleaning product such as Golf Shine and wipe clean when finished to add extra shine.